Thursday, October 19, 2006


I've been trying to Make An Effort. You know, actually put some product in my hair, wear shoes with heels (instead on Danskos everyday), dress semi-professionally. And I think it's working. This, along with the weight loss, is making me feel a little better about myself. Because my self-image since becoming a mom is at an all time low...probably because so much of my life has been tied to my body since April of last year. When you are pregnant its ALL about the body and how much you've gained and how big you look and how you feel and so on. Then, the nursing business, which I've written about before. Team that with how you feel physically when sleep deprived and you've got a match made in hell. I've been in mourning lately for the body I never really enjoyed when I had it. I used to brush off compliments, and was never that comfortable showing off my assets, as it were. And now I wish I had revelled in that hot bod! So I need to start being happier with the one I have now, which gets better everyday. I just wish I could shrink my belly skin the way you shrink a sweater...If I could take a hot shower and then hit my tummy with the blowdryer and make it tight again, that would be awesome.

This was me a year ago.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vicky said...

Martha you look great. It is hard to appreciate the body you have. I struggle with this now more than ever.

10:37 AM  
Blogger lagiulia said...

I am there with you. Even though my baby weight is totally off, my stomach sticks out far in the upper abs area, and the ponch I now have is very evident. Combine that with hormonal craziness causing other body issues, and yikes. I think you're hot, and you always have been. Chin up, pretty lady.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home