Thursday, October 05, 2006

Friday Night Lights, people. I never thought I would say this, but a show about football seems posed to overtake Lost as my number one. Damn. Did you watch it? Having lived in Texas I can tell you that it really means that much to people. The best single moment in the pilot? When the star QB gets hurt and the stadium become silent. Cut to fans holding crosed fingers above there heads. Just perfect. Watch it. Thank you.

But I did remind me of the time when A. and I, new to Austin went for beers at Posse East and got stuck in a moment of Texas-jingoism as every person in the bar rose, lifted the hook 'em horns overhead and sang out "The eyes of Texas are upon you..." Creepy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Labrdors said...

I thought the scene where the entire time dropped to their knees to be led in prayer by one of the players was pretty amazing. Lucky thing the coach is incredibly handsome, it distracts from the football plays.

7:14 AM  
Blogger lagiulia said...

I didn't see the show, only the movie. My husband told me that it's like that in real life. Crazy!

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home