Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Scoop on Poop or How I Came Full Circle

Nine months ago I was in depths of what TTCers call the 2WW...you know, the time between when you get EWCM and O and when you get AF or your BFP! (it also makes you use a lot of abbreviations...) During the two week wait, thousands of women spend their days analyzing every temperature shift, change in cervical mucus, feeling of naseau and exhaustion....Now that I am two weeks from my due date (EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!) I am back to hyper-over-uber-analytic mode. This time, I am focused on my poops. Gross, I know, but after nine months of not being able to go, to go SEVEN TIMES in 24 hours seems significant.

Of course, I watch the other moms to be at Fertility Friend do the same with their dilation and effacement numbers, or the state of their mucus plugs. BMs are just the straws at which I have chosen to grasp. I really, really want to get this baby out now, oh mighty blogosphere. My rash hurts and itches and I could do with the assurance that my current insurance will cover delivery without the $250 copay that comes into play after the new year and with the ability to have Eva insured for the first few days of her life before we have to wait til Feb 1st for her insurance to kick in and I would also like a tax credit to offset the costs incurred in that month and I want my body back and I want to hold my baby and I want to see my Billy be a Daddy and I want to see my mom be a grandma and to see that grandma look on her face for the first time. (And the Grampie look from my Dad too, I am sure he'll want to count fingers and toes even if he won't be carrying her to the nursery like he did me) (and the GREAT Grandma look from my Grandma. Wow.)

So this is why I am filled with glee everytime I proudly strut to the bathroom to take a pooh. It's gross, but it's my straw, and I ain't letting it go until I am writhing in pain from contractions and swearing at Billy.

2 Comments:

Blogger lagiulia said...

The night before I went into labor I pooped all night and had indigestion-like stomach pains. Sounds like a good sign to me!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

Still nothing, even though I vowed to a coworker I would not be in today. I told her I changed mymind due to today's holiay potluck lunch.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home