Monday, December 12, 2005

We are now "experts" in childbirth, and have the cerificate to prove it!

We spent the weekend learning about the stages of labor, breathing techniques and pain management. From our classmates, we learned that pregnant cows get oxytocin, that my ass is totally SMALL for a pregnant woman, that fart noises make people of a wide range of noises laugh, and that women generally have a hard time telling how much something weighs by lifting and holding it.

We also learned that we are both really excited for the whole process, that I don't want any drugs, that Bill wants to watch the whole thing - unless it involves me getting shots and then he might puke, that I REALLY need a bathroom with a tub, that we are a better team than I could have imagined, and that we are ready for her to be born yesterday.

So all of that considered, we will be working on those old fashioned home induction tricks ASAP. You know, spicy food, sex and nipple stimulation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Briar said...

Yay! How are we going to know when she is born? Is there an email list? Am I on it? Can't wait!

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home