Monday, December 11, 2006

Here's a window into the mind of the Bill...as demonstrated by what we ended up doing this weekend.

2003 until December 8th, 2006: Bill hates the coat rack in the corner. He says he's putting up hooks any day now, and burning the coat rack. Instead, he does other stuff.

December 8th, 2006: Bill throws the coat rack in the stove while I am at work and piles the coats on the bed. Then he rips out the paneling in the wall by the door. Then he decides to take the old steamer trunk down to the fly shop to sell. When I get home that whole end of the living room is basically turned upside down.

December 9th, 2006: Because the whole corner is torn up he decides he has to redo the entire wall. But first he has to go buy lumber. I tell him we need to go get the tree by one, but once he leaves, I realize that there's no WAY he'll be done by then and there will be nowhere to put said tree, so we will have to wait til Sunday. I vacate the premises with my blood pressure through the roof because now my weekend plans are all screwed up and he's drilling and hammering and making a mess and Eva needs to be elsewhere. I return and remind him I have to be gone all evening for a party and he has to pay attention to Eva and the living room needs to be made semi safe for a baby before I go. He has just decided to reinsulate the wall.

December 10th, 2006: we get the tree. He works his ass off while I grocery shop. Then we spend the afternoon cleaning up the giant mess. Then we collapse on the couch and admire our new wall. On which there are hooks.

He has decided he needs to build an entertainment center in the corner, so we can see out the window which the tv currently blocks. I'm all for it. But what do you want to bet it gets put off until the next weekend I plan funfilled activities?

1 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

Are you sure we haven't traded lives? Ha!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home