Thursday, November 09, 2006

So after work yesterday I went to the store and bought salad stuff. I put my wallet in my jacket pocket. And didn't take it out. And didn't wear the jacket today. The day I needed to buy lunch. And get my hair cut. So I had to go to McD's and get a cheeseburger off the dollar menu and will pay for my haircut with a check. And how cheesy is it to TIP with a check? It's a total faux pas, no? Sigh.

But last night I arranged for a teenaged babysitter to come watch Miss Eva on Saturday night so that Bill and I can engage in some dating and have dinner (caribbean cowboy!) and a movie! I am so proud. Plus the sitter usually charges what I got paid in 1991. Which is $2 an hour. I was aghast and offered $5 since I had planned on at least $6. She was thrilled, of course. And several people have told me that in doing this I have pretty much guaranteed a sitter at the ready.

2 Comments:

Blogger lagiulia said...

Wow, I am moving to wherever it is you live, just so I can get a cheap babysitter!
Good for you for going out, by the way!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Labrdors said...

Most times I pay for my haircuts by check, including the tip in the check. I just never have cash. So far I've never heard a complaint (but I'm a really big tipper). Congratulations on your night out. Caribbean Cowboy! Lucky you!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home