Monday, August 14, 2006

What a treat! Beloved co-worker and my personal role model, C., just stopped by! C. has been battling breast cancer for as long as I have known her: she got her rediagnosis (she'd already fought it once) about a week before I met her. A couple of months ago she had a brain scan, and they discovered lesions there. And she just had another scan, and after radiation they have gotten significantly smaller. Wonderful news! We've missed her around her and it was great to see her. She brought some pictures of herself and Miss Eva which were taken at an event in June where she was honored as a breast cancer survivor. They posed as the baldy brigade. The whole time I was preggo I never took a day off and that was because of C.. Until the last few months when she's been out on disability, she was ALWAYS here, even though she gets chemo once a week. She never complains, like many in the working world are so prone to, even though I have a feeling she could legitimately bitch about not feeling well pretty much every day. So whenever I felt sort of pukey or tired, I'd think of C., and how she'd be working and haul my ass out of bed. But her good attitude around her illness is just a small part of her larger amazing awesomeness. Which anyone who has ever met her can probably testify to, right, C.Dom?

Preparations for the tag sale continue! I am sure I will be a hundredaire by this time next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

Amazing awesomeness doesn't begin to cut it with C. I don't have a better description, so Martha is absolutely right! Good luck with pricing!

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home