Friday, August 04, 2006

Even though we totally can't afford it, and I feel like weird saying it, I think I need to hire someone to clean my house.

It's bad, people. And now that the Junior Miss is on the move, I don't even feel like she can be safe on the floor. Last night at 9:30, when E. was STILL AWAKE, I realized that I haven't cleaned the bathroom in weeks. So I did that while Bill cuddled her on the couch. But I only did the surfaces and the floor behind the toilet is covered with damp dust. My kitchen floor, which is NEVER clean (old, dirty linoleum) has visible splatters on it and crunches under foot (that is where you don't STICK.) Bill's been nagging me about my side of the bed, and I want to scream in the living room. But I never get a chance to clean! It's doesn't help that we have no storage, either.

(as an aside, I also think we need to get rid of the coffee table, which has like forty different edges to get hurt on. This morning she got a bruise and a bump when she was crawling under it. I was on a conference call...thank god for mute.)

My ten pm cleaning meant sacrificing any relaxation for the day, and giving up my usual half hour of me time. GRRRR. I could also write a rant about how nothing was done yesterday when B had the while day off.

Bill used to hire a friend's wife to clean, back when the Bunkhouse was really the Bunkhouse, and he had guests all summer, and I still lived downstate. But I honestly can't deal with her negativity and judgement. (Every time I see her, I end up saying, "YES, we are still using cloth diapers. NO, I actually love my husband, but I am sorry you hate yours." he's like the happiest guy in town, and I do not understand their relationship! Anyway, I would say more, but want to protect the innocent!) I think every two weeks, dusting, floors and bathroom would be enough to really make a difference...know anyone, Book Club Aunties???

2 Comments:

Blogger lagiulia said...

All I can say is that I live in an apartment and stay at home and STILL the babies' onsies look gray by the end of the day from all the their scooting around our floors. Go for it - get the help that you so need and deserve!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Briar said...

We are planning to ask for a year of every-ther-week housecleaning as a baby gift. Wes has been after this for years and just when we think we can afford it, we need something else more. I say go for it for sure.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home