Thursday, September 14, 2006

As I am sure you all have seen, my "boss'" (not really, but she's the head of the amazing organization for which I work...) mom died. I had the pleasure of meeting Ann Richards just once, when I worked at SafePlace, but in that one encounter I was struck by her energy and power. And her sense of humor. When she was introduced, the board member doing the talking included in his intro a reference to a famed Austin strip club, and she laughed louder than anyone. She was also one of those folks who are shockingly smaller than they appear on tv...but for a little white-haired lady with drawn-on eyebrows, she sure managed to make a big impact. After I met her that once, I started seeing her EVERYWHERE, including at the movies. She just seemed so real to me...a rarity for a politician. Anyway, this is just to say that I am sorry for our loss, the Richards' loss, and, of course, Texas' loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home