Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Today I am playing my second favorite game: "Tooth ache or sinus headache?" It is second, because my number one favorite is "Manure or dirty diaper?" I am leaning twoard sinus headache because Miss E has a cold and is coughing and dripping green....yum. Nevermind, she spent all night in her crib...I heard her cry a few times in the night but she settled herself down, which means the "No Cry Sleep Solution" is really working.

We voted last night, and made an amazing discover. In my county, the CORONER is elected. I find this fascinating, and apparently there's only one dem running, because I did not have to make a difficult choice (between like five people!) as the Republicans did. But doesn't that seem fucked up? I would think Coroner is the kind of job you work your way up to, and like, EARN through your work, not via the whims of uninformed voters like me! How the hell do I know who has more experience sawing open skulls and cracking apart rib cages? How do I know that Candidate Number One's experience doesn't consist of repeats of Quincy MD and a newfound love of CSI: Miami? My coworker tells me she thinks the candidates all work in Funeral Homes. But how is THAT a qualification? Just because you can bury 'em doesn't mean that you can tell the cause of death! Or has my tv viewing led to a complete misunderstanding of what it is the coroner actually does? I am currently shocked and appalled. And I am sure some research into this would quell my fears, but to be honest, it's more fun to be shocked and appalled.

Speaking of shocking and appalling. I am a bad mother. I took my eight month old to a bar. Now, I have taken her there before, but we were eating dinner those times so that seems different. This time I went with the sole purpose of having a beer. And also saying happy birthday to Eva's not so secret admirer, S.. And everyone else was having dinner, but I could only stay for forty five minutes because I am not such a bad mom that I would delay baby bedtime for beer drinking. And I didn't even finish it. But still. What kind of person brings a baby to a bar? Even if that bar's big screen television was playing some infomercial on finding Jesus. And even if baby got to see a Book Club Auntie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home