Thursday, June 01, 2006

This morning Eva's sitter and I watched as her cat climbed onto the hood of my car, up the wind shield to the roof, and in the driver's side window onto the front seat. Smart cat. He must have known that today would be a busy day at his house. If I were the sitter (A.), I would have long since gone insane. She has three smaller kids of her own (the youngest is 4 and declared herself "Eva Louise's goodest girl friend") plus a menagerie of day care kids that seems to change daily. (Really, other than Eva she has two full time families: one is a set of twins and the other three siblings. And then some after and before school kids...) A's house is chaos. It makes me crazy, but Eva (and all the other kids) seem to be really happy and loved. A's parenting style is grossly different from mine, and so when Eva is older I don't see it being a good match. But for now it works. BUT I still hope that Book Club pal K. goes ahead with doing day care at her house in the fall...because honestly, she is THE mother. She's really awesome with her two kidlets and such a sweet and caring and brilliant woman. So let's hope together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home