Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I am only one day past my due date but I am already feeling incredibly stressed. Mainly because I have an deadline I need to meet! Baby won't be on my insurance and the program we will be using accepts applications for the 1st of the following month up through the 15th of the one before. Already baby will be uninsured for a period between the time she comes and Feb 1st, but if she doesn't arrive by the middle of next week, I am going to miss the deadline and will face more than a month with an uninsured newborn.

I want to do it all naturally, no epi, but I am thinking I might need to be induced, and that increases the probability of interventions and more pain. Plus I have no idea if I can get an induction scheduled before the end of next week, which will be too late!

I just feel like I am making no progress at all! Plus I skidded my car into a snowbank this am to avoid hitting two deer...and you would think that would send me into labor, but no. (Of course I was only going about 20 miles an hour pre-skid.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Labrdors said...

Well, maybe she'll be an Epiphany on the 6th!
You're doing really, really well and I admire you tremendously.

7:01 AM  
Blogger lagiulia said...

Oh, Martha! You sound so stressed, and I don't blame you. But I have faith that everything will turn out okay for you. As you know better than anyone, this is beyond your control. It stinks, but that's the truth. I hope it happens soon for you. I think you're doing great, and I really give you a lot of credit.
By the way, may I link your site from mine? I don't know if you'll still be writing or not once you have the baby?

10:13 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Julie-you can totally link to me! I will be updating afterwards...and if you want to only write about the babies forever, I don't mind!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home