Wednesday, January 24, 2007

This week we lost our beloved friend and colleague C. I have mentioned her here before, how she was such an incredible inspiration to all of us here at work in her perserverance and tenacity and her generosity of spirit in the face of her long fight against fucking breast cancer. She not only was my role model professionally, she was a personal inspiration and a friend. I know that right now she's really wanting to tell us that "It is what it is" and that we should put on our big girl panties and deal with it. But right now we are doing what we never did in front of her because she just would not allow it: and that is cry and ask why and curse the universe for robbing us of the incredible joy of being with her. Too damn bad, sisterfriend, we're doing it anyway!

3 Comments:

Blogger lagiulia said...

I'm so, so sorry. She sounds like an amazing boss and friend. Thinking of you and of her.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

This just sucks! I'm trying to pull up my big girl panties, but it feels like my legs are getting longer and longer! Ugh...I'm here if you wanna bitch together!

5:41 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. You are in my thoughts.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home