Monday, October 24, 2005

When I was in high school I had to get braces. And before the braces, I had this thing called a palatal expander. The expander ran across the roof of my mouth and every monring and evening I cranked a little key it to make it wider and wider, which resulted in the slow and steady movement of the bones in my upper palate and face. It hurt. Like hell.

And apparently I have had a similar device implanted in my pelvic bone. I can FEEL that sucker opening up more. Sweet Jesus, it hurts.

So I'm not sleeping. And on top of the my boobs are leaking and I got stuck on the kitchen floor on Saturday, and had to use the fridge to pull myself up.

2 Comments:

Blogger lagiulia said...

I'm really sorry for all that. Sounds really miserable. It seems like you're growing really fast now. And I feel ya on the leakage thing. Hey, at least you know they work!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

I had a palatal expander, too. In my memories it was much worse than being pregnant. But then again I never found myself having to use the fridge to pull myself up!
It will all be worth it soon, though.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home