Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Panic Sets In

Oh yes. This panic is over maternity leave. Will I be allowed to sub my paid leave for unpaid? What about all that sick time I have accrued? Will my benefits still be paid for? Or will I be stuck paying what I will be paying for insurance for three PLUS the $200 work kicks in? Does that really come to like $1500 each month or is my math off?

Normally an HR person could solve these issues really quickly...but not ours! Oh no!

She mentioned disability. And I hate to doubt her but, um, as far as I can tell, you can't get disability while on maternity leave unless it is pre-birth and you are on bed rest or the like OR you were injured after the birth and would have been on disability regardless of having a bambino.

I think I might be having an anxiety attack.

Oh yes I am.

Must breathe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

Breath, woman...no air...no baby! Everything will work out in the end...besides, with kids: this is just the beginning of money troubles! hahahaha! Just kidding! (well, no, I'm not actually)You CAN do this Martha, you are smart and capable...and this is small stuff (even if it seems big right now), you'll be OK...in the end you'll have a gorgeous baby! Just keep thinking that!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home