Tuesday, October 04, 2005

THREE MONTHS LEFT!

Suddenly I have outgrown two pairs of maternity pants. I refuse to get any more, so Mom, don't even think about it. I informed my co-workers that the day I start coming in in yoga pants is a mere missed load of laundry away. But I was thinking how unfair it is that women who wear more than a 14 pre-pregnancy are out of luck when it comes to maternity clothes. I was a 12-ish before hand and I am into the EXTRA LARGES. Things that were baggy a month ago (Thanks, V!) now fit perfectly. One coworker said that larger women must have to wear WOMEN'S sizes (like 1x, 2x, etc.) but those clothes are made for BIG bodies, not pregnant bodies, which can often be shaped in whole different ways.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trista said...

My partner, Kristin, had exactly that problem. Pre-pregnancy she was a size 14. Once she got pregnant, she couldn't find anything to fit. Her problem was compounded by the fact that she's only five foot one. But you're right, big sizes are not meant to accomodate pregnant bellies.

And it seems all the cute maternity clothes are for people who were size 5s or less and gain less than 15 pounds during their entire pregnancy. Apparantly, I need to lose about 100 lbs before getting pregnant, just so I'll be able to dress myself.

6:06 AM  
Blogger lagiulia said...

That's frustrating. I'm in XL clothes now, with a huge twins belly. When I can't find anything to wear, I take one of my husband's shirts. Unfortunately, though, that doesn't help you with pants. But maybe you can get away with stretchy pants with a nice top? Good luck!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home